Create healthier smiles with better flossing habits. Dental floss is an extremely important part of your oral health care daily regimen, as it cleans the areas between teeth that brushing cannot reach. If for any reason your flossing habits are inadequate and cannot be corrected, try switching to an alternative interdental cleaner like a water flosser. For a list of optimum tips and techniques for dental floss, see the list below:
– A standard flossing should last between two to three minutes, with a flossing between every tooth including the back rows.
– Use dental cleaning products that are safe for your teeth and proven effective in studies. This includes products that have been awarded the ADA Seal of Acceptance and those products that are recommended by your personal dentist.
– To avoid contamination, never use the same strand more than once.
– Always use a strand that is roughly 18 inches in length so that you can use a fresh section between each tooth.
– Single filament thread is typically known to be of better quality that multi-filament thread because it is shred resistant and will not fail during your flossing session.
Dr. Cameron Blyth, DDS and Dr. Joshua Dorris, DMD and our team at Merrill Ranch Family Dental Center will help you with your oral health care in any way we can. If you would like to schedule a visit to our dentist office in Florence, Arizona, please call us at 520-413-9714. We look forward to hearing from you soon!